Aida Vazin, MA, LMFT
Working with youth, families, couples, adults, individuals and older adults since 2006
Aida has always been drawn to psychology and cultural anthropology but her true enjoyment comes from empowering people. By nature, she is enthusiastic and compassionate, which is evident in her approach to coaching and counseling.
Aida specializes in couples counseling and stress management. She also works with 1st generation immigrants that are struggling to adapt to the lifestyle of the United States while trying to balance the expectations and obligations of their family. She has created very efficient and effective 10 week programs to improve relationships, relieve stress and aide 1st generation immigrants and their families. She provides high quality care with a focus on personalized navigation from discomfort to relief, harmony and the clarity her clients are seeking. Her goal is to empower her clients with the tools they need to make lasting changes. As such, her clients view her as part of their “support system” and feel very comfortable with her. According to Aida, “I value the trust my clients place in me."
A strong believer in a balanced lifestyle, Aida enjoys spending time with her loved ones, exploring fitness trends, and traveling across the world. She studied at UCLA and the Chicago School of Professional Psychology with emphasis in psychology, sociology and cultural anthropology. She is fluent in Farsi and Spanish.
• Research assistant at University of California, Irvine
• Insurance company autism spectrum disorder authorizations
• Insurance company behavioral health and substance abuse crisis counselor
• Insurance authorizations for all states in the U.S.
• Working with postpartum depression
• Providing counseling for children, teens, family in individual, family and group settings
• Couples counseling, either with both couples or just one person – either way is very effective
• Completing authorizations, providing counseling and group services in a hospital setting working with inpatient, partial and intensive outpatient mental health and substance abuse services
• Providing individual and family intervention for autism spectrum disorder and intellectual disabilities
• Providing social services and support for foster children, foster families and transition of foster youth back to home setting
Presentations and Conferences
• Presentation on postpartum depression, Psychiatrist Symposium, Orange, 2012
• Presentation on abuse and trauma, Iranian American Mental Health Society, Irvine, 2012
• Presentation on postpartum depression, March of Dimes, Santa Ana, 2013
• Presentation on acculturation, Iranian Women’s Aide Society, Laguna Hills, 2013
• Presentation on postpartum depression, UCI OBYN department, Orange, 2013
• Presentation on acculturation, Norooz Clinic, Irvine, 2014
• Presentation on abuse and trauma, Norooz Clinic, Irvine, 2014
• Presentation on emotional coping with autoimmune disorder, Lupus LA, Irvine, 2015
• Presentation on stress management and weight loss, Lindora, Costa Mesa, 2017
Associations and Involvements
• Peer Mentor, UCLA Alumni Association, Irvine 2015 – 2016
• Vice President of Iranian American Mental Health Society, Irvine, 2011 – 2013
• Board Member of Employee Advisory Committee, Orange County Health Care Agency, Santa Ana, 2012 – 2013
Web Articles and Interviews
- Expert Q & A on Counseling Schools
- What Makes Me Smart?
- Changing Religions
- 1st Generation Immigrant Story
- Commenting on Social Media